[texhax] beamer and "Read out loud"

James Quirk jjq at galcit.caltech.edu
Thu Apr 22 23:13:23 CEST 2010

Victor,

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010, James Quirk wrote:

> Victor,
>
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:56 AM, James Quirk <jjq at galcit.caltech.edu> wrote:
> > > Victor,
> > >
> > > I whipped up the example:
> > >
> > >   http://www.amrita-ebook.org/tex-group/tts-sync.pdf
> >
> > Nice! But how to control (pause, restart pdf)?
> That's left as an exercise for the reader!
I've whipped up another example that shows how a TeX document
can now leverage of a SWF to endow a PDF with TTS, see:

   http://www.amrita-ebook.org/tex-group/swf-tts.pdf

Here I've just grabbed two pre-existing demos from a company called
SitePal, and they probably won't have universal appeal to the readers of
this group. But it would appear to be possible for SitePal suscribers to
author their own SWF's, with calls to the underlying TTS engine, in which
case one could construct a more serious example. Unfortunatly, given the
amount of money involved, I very much doubt that ``she who must be
obeyed'' would sanction the project. :-(

James