[texhax] Strange formatting.

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Tue Apr 13 13:54:58 CEST 2010

This is something I have never seen with LaTex before.  If you look at
the .pdf file, you see that the line height for the second line (and
possibly the first as well) is smaller than the others.  This the source:

\documentclass[11pt,a5paper]{article}

\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{a4paper,tmargin=3cm,bmargin=3cm,lmargin=2.5cm,rmargin=2cm}
\renewcommand\familydefault{ppl}
\begin{document}
\Huge

Dear brothers: I think that God has made us apostles the most abject of
mankind.  We experience hunger and thirst, we are naked, we are roughly
handled, and we have no fixed abode ... They curse us and we bless.
They persecute us and we suffer it ... They treat us as the scum of the
earth, the dregs of humanity ... to this very day.
\normalsize

\end{document}

For the curious:  This is part of Leonard Bernstein's MASS.  I am to
read this text as part of the performance premiere on Saturday  (in
Bergen, Norway), and that is why I want the text to be in a large font.

Tom