[texhax] Incorrect Chapter Labels

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Apr 12 08:27:42 CEST 2010

On  11 Apr, 2010, at 19:19, Scott Ballantyne wrote:

> I have a large book (175+ pages) and need to provide the complete book
> as well as each chapter in PDF files.
>
> I have been following the directions in the TeX faq for using include
> and includeonly to generate these files. I have main files for each
> chapter

This is the source of the problem ---references are kept in the *.aux files. You have to use *only one* master file:

\includeonly{%
chapter1,%
chapter2,%
chapter3,%
<etc.>
}%

Now run at least twice this master file; then, to get only chapter 1, for example,

\includeonly{%
chapter1,%
%chapter2,%
%chapter3,%