[texhax] Help Please: need Tex Live 2009

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Apr 9 00:58:33 CEST 2010

Axel E. Retif wrote:

 > First, please see
 >
 > http://www.tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2009-December/013873.html
 >
 > which got a reply from Robin Laakso.

OK, I've read that correspondence, but it ended with Robin
suggesting downloading, which according to M. TOUIL is not
an option because of the slowness of his connection.

 > Also, with ``...here AT HOME, this software is unobtainable...''
 > I don't think the OP means in his house, but in his home town,
 > so Martin's advice seems valid to me.

But M. TOUIL has already said, quite clearly, that "the internet connection
at home is very [s]low"; surely M. TOUIL is far better placed than Martin
to judge whether or not his connection is sufficiently fast to allow
him to download the software.

But aside from all this, the TeX community exists primarily to help
each other, rather than to make (arguably well meant) suggestions
that in the end lead nowhere.  In 1986, I received my first copy
of TeX as a gift from a friend (Peter Jackson), who copied his copy
onto 9-track tape and gave me the copy.  If M. TOUIL would like to
send me his address, I will be more than happy to copy my TeX
Collection 2009 DVD and send a copy to him.

Philip Taylor