[texhax] Footnotes in separate file

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Apr 4 14:30:48 CEST 2010

I don't know of any package, but I would recommend
that you avoid hard-coding numbers if possible, so
as to permit easy revision of the text.  Perhaps
something more like

	This is some text.\fn {} This is some more text.\fn {}

in the main file and

	\newfootnote {text for first footnote}
	\newfootnote {text for second footnote}

in your footnotes file.  It would not be difficult to
write code to support this.

Philip Taylor
--------