[texhax] (La)TeX with Flash

Ivan Ramos Pagnossin ivan.pagnossin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:18:37 CEST 2009

James, thank you very much for the answer. I'll check your suggestions.

My intention is to produce interactive Flash/ActionScript applications for
teaching mathematics and physics. Sometimes I need to write some equations.
When the symbols are static I usually use LaTeX and convert them to curves,
but when I need to write "dynamic" expressions... that is quite a problem!

So I think of using the TeX font metrics files to draw each symbol. Yeah, I
know... too much work, but this was my first thought. Alternatively, I think
of using XeTeX fonts, whose format (OpenType, TrueType ...?) may be easily
accessed.

As you can see, I'm not very sure how to start... But thanks again for this
first step.
[]s
Ivan