[texhax] dingautolist, pifont and opentype custom symbols in xelatex

Jesús Guillermo Andrade jgandradev at mac.com
Mon Sep 21 14:56:30 CEST 2009

Hi folks! I wondered if any of you might have had some experience in
using \begin{dinglist} or \begin{dingautolist} with the pifont
package, while changing the symbol set for dingautolist by extracting
them from another opentype font, say Gentium or Linux Libertine
through xelatex.

I'd like to use a specific set of circled numbers within an opentype
font as the base for the dingautolist, and of course, for a second
level item list, to be able to select yet another group of symbols
within the same font.
Is it possible to make it with xelatex and/or by modifiying the pifont
package? thanks

Thanks a lot for any help!

Jesús Guillermo Andrade
jgandradev at mac.com