[texhax] Newbie Question: (La)TeX Good Choice for Data Collection Forms in PDF?

Phil Parker phil at math.wichita.edu
Wed Sep 9 04:50:44 CEST 2009

On 09/08/2009 at 10:37 AM, Jack Ort <JOrt at ResearchPoint.com> wrote:

>We are considering Framemaker, but the cost and learning curve are steep!  If
>it is relevant, would be using a Windows XP system to run whatever package
>we choose.

LaTeX is free; the learning curve tends to be just as steep. I believe the
MikTex distribution is designed for MSWin, complete with a typical installer.

If you look at the footer of each email on this list, one of the links given
is http://tug.org/begin.html , which sounds as if it might be where you want
to look now.

Good help is available free here and on comp.text.tex. At tug.org, one can
also find links to professional consultants in case that's a better fit to
your needs.

LaTeX is more than capable of doing what you want. You'll have to decide if
it's the best choice for your particular needs, within your specific
constraints.

--
    Phil Parker