[texhax] page number on the first page of the index

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Sep 6 22:09:52 CEST 2009

I know that this doesn't answer your question (so
I apologise in advance), but why would you want to
suppress the printing of the page number on the
first page of the index ?  If you do so, how can
the index meaningfully appear in the table of
contents ?

Philip Taylor
--------