[texhax] Difficulty with using PCTeX to compile a .txt file

hh hh-brasil at bol.com.br
Sat Oct 24 12:38:34 CEST 2009

I must admit that I became curious if my preferred editor (= Scite)
would work with Unicode? It does. As the editor has also a file
(Options -> Open Abbreviations file) to register abbreviations I can
only recommend to forget WORD for the work described below.
hh

PS: Samples for Scite abbreviations:
int=\\int_{|}^{}
bd=\\begin{displaymath|}
displaymath=equation
equation=eqnarray
eqnarray=eqnarray*
eqnarray=displaymath

The last part (input: bd) gives you the possibility to start with
\begin{displaymath}, then just by typing "return"you can change to
any of the other possibilites shown in the sample or coming back to
the first. The \vert-symbol let's you put the cursor at its place.