[texhax] help with identifying some macros

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Tue Oct 20 20:18:01 CEST 2009

    >  \ni,

    If there is \ni, there should be also \ot  but there is not!

uh, \ni is a pair to \in, and i
understand \owns, but what's \ot ?
(\to is something quite different,
namely \rightarrow.)

    [...]

    I am a very slow typer (albeit my kids claim that I am incredibly fast
    for 1.5 fingers I use) but still thinking what to type takes me much
    much longer than to type, and retype and retype again. I presume that
    people who want brevity do not think what to type and belong to the
    following classes (a) authors with limited manual capacity (b)
    secretaries (c) obfuscators (d) bullshitters. :-) I suspect that each
    subsequent class is much larger than the previous one

i agree with your ranking.  thank you
for your vote for clarity over speed.
						-- bb