[texhax] substituting the right keyboard symbols for quote marks

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Mon Oct 19 11:07:07 CEST 2009

P. R. Stanley wrote:

>>> Did you look carefully at the output?  The first gives opening quotation
>>> marks on the left (as one would wish) while the second only giives
>>> closing
>>> marks.
>
>> as far as I can gather from the other messages Paul is legally blind,
>> so looking at the output is a bit difficult
>
>         Paul: Yes, I am totally blind and use a screen reader software
> which is useless with Adobe documents.
>
>> BTW: Paul, have you ever heard of robobraille.org?
>
>         Paul: a long time ago, on BBC Radio 4,  there was an interview
> with a gentleman from Denmark about the project. I'll have a scan of the
> web site later to see what's on offer.

as far as what I gathered from his talk at the conference where I gave
my presentation, you can simply send a file to robobraille by email, and
get a more accessible version back, or even get a link to a sound file
where it is being read out loud.

I was very impressed.

(though no math support yet)

/daleif