[texhax] TeXShop problem !

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Oct 15 08:29:59 CEST 2009

On  13 Oct, 2009, at 04:38, Murat Hüdaverdi wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I am using TexShop on my MacbookPro (OSX 10.6.1)..
> but i am having this error..
>
> Can't find required tool.
> /usr/texbin/simpdftex does not exist. Perhaps TeXLive was not
> installed or was removed during a system upgrade.

As Reinhard has told you, this message says it all.

If you already had installed TeXLive, maybe when you installed Snow
Leopard it was deleted. So download MacTeX again and reinstall it.

If you haven't installed MacTeX previously, please remember that
TeXShop is just a front-end to TeX & friends applications. Go to

http://www.tug.org/mactex/

download MacTeX.mpkg.zip and install it.

Best,

Axel