[texhax] Mathematics Equation Editor for Latex

Samuel Lelievre samuel.lelievre.tex at free.fr
Sun Oct 11 18:45:26 CEST 2009

Ghosh Suddhasattwa wrote:

>  I am recently started with LaTex.  I would like to know
>  if there are exhaustive online documents (pdf format) to
>  explain how to write math equations in LaTex.

Herbert Voss's "Math mode", available from CTAN in pdf and
in tex form, is "A comprehensive review of mathematics in
(La)TeX".  You can get it here:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/math/voss/mathmode/

You can also find online pdf excerpts of the first edition
of George Gratzer's book "Math into LaTeX" (1995):

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/mil/

Should you be interested in the book, note that there is a
4th edition, called "More math into LaTeX", published 2007.

Hope this helps.
SL