[texhax] glossaries order linked words

Adrián López García de Lomana adrianlopezgarciadelomana at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:01:42 CEST 2009

Hello community,

I'm working with the package glossaries

\usepackage[style=altlist,order=letter]{glossaries}

and I don't know how to solve a minor problem. Some of the glossary
terms are referenced to an internet site:

\newglossaryentry{Python}{
   name=\href{http://www.python.org/}{Python},
   description={\LDPython},
   text={Python}}

and when I create the glossaries, the ordering is not the one I would
like. I would like the term "Python" to be ordered by the letter P,
but (I suppose) it takes the first characters of "name", in this case
"\", for the ordering and all terms that contain the "\href" on the
name are ordered first. Some ideas of how could I solve this?

Many thanks for your time and help,

Adrián López García de Lomana

http://sites.google.com/site/adrianlopezgarciadelomana/