[texhax] memoir package, \begin{verse}[\versewidth], poem title

samuel.lelievre.tex at free.fr samuel.lelievre.tex at free.fr
Wed Oct 7 11:22:47 CEST 2009

--- 2009-10-03 Mica Semrick ---

From: Mica Semrick <paperdigits at gmail.com>
To: texhax at tug.org
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 03:43:34 -0700
Subject: [texhax] memoir package, \begin{verse}[\versewidth], poem title

I am using the memoir package to try and typeset some poems, and I am running
into a slight problem. I am using the verse environment with the \versewidth
command to center the poem. I would like to have the title of the poem flush
with the body of the poem. How would I do this?

This is where I am currently stuck in the code:

\normalfont\sffamily\hspace{\vleftmargin}} %Remove centering from the poem title

\settowidth{\versewidth}{this is a pretty long line in my poem}
\PoemTitle{My Great Poem Title}

this is the body of my poem\\
and its pretty bad\\
please help me with my problem\\
and i will be quite glad\\
and: his is a pretty long line in my poem\\

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been working on this for a few days
with no results.

--- end quoted email ---

Hi Mica,

If I understand your question correctly, I would just change the
redefinition of \PoemTitlefont in your example to the following:

\normalfont\sffamily\flushleft% Remove centering from poem title

Best, Samuel