[texhax] [tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 17:18:05 CEST 2009

Joseph Wright wrote:
>>     rsync -r --delete --exclude=2008 --exc
>> lude=mactex* rsync://guiling.fr/texlive/ h:\TeX\Live\2009\Mirror
>> whereupon I am told :
>>     The source and destination cannot both be remote.
>> rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at
>> /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.4-
>> 1/src/rsync-3.0.4/main.c(1136) [receiver=3.0.4]
>> The error message is invariant with the direction of slashes
>> in "h:\TeX\Live\2009\Mirror"

Okay, I tried this with rsync linked against Cygwin, and got the same
result. I think the issue is the ":" specifying the drive, as it *does*
work if I do:

rsync -r --delete --exclude=2008 --exclude=mactex*
rsync://guiling.fr/texlive/ /temp/texlive

However, that doesn't go from C:\, but from the current directory. I
guess this is a rsync think: not really related to TeX Live at all.

(I should add that I've had no issues on Windows just downloading the
installer via http then letting it "do its thing".)
Joseph Wright