[texhax] writeble PDF

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:45:55 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Susan Dittmar <Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de> wrote:
> Dear Kurt,
>> I'm searching for a way to generate writable PDF files out of LaTeX. I did
>> a Google search which didn't prove to be rewarding. Most of the links I
>> found point to Open Office.

One can create fillable forms and comments with different packages
like hyperref or cooltooltip packages but one cannot save them with
Adobe Reader. Adobe Acrobat can edit to a certain degree pdf files
(unless protected) and save them and enable editing in AR. AFAIK no
third party application can enable editing in AR - there was some hack
but AFAIK Adobe changed format and simultaneously dropped a ton of
bricks on the author' head

Some other programs can edit pdf files (again to a certain degree) and
some of them do not honor protection.

HTH - if I understand your question correctly