[texhax] Installation of font

Raymond Levitt rslevitt at optonline.net
Sun Nov 22 02:24:47 CET 2009

I am running MikTeX 2.7 using Windows Vista operating system.

I am attempting to install a font package I recently downloaded (txfonts).
However, I am having difficulty finding the right location to place the
files. I have read the accompanying installation instructions, but they are
rather limited. Here is the message I receive when I include \usepackage
{txfonts}: "tex\latex\txfonts\txfonts.sty"

Would anyone at the TeX Users Group be able to assist me in properly
installing these files?

By the way, a while back I downloaded and successfully installed the
amsfonts package. When I use this, TeX runs without a problem.

Ray Levitt

Long Island, NY