[texhax] Sir, please can you help me?

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Sun Nov 15 01:15:36 CET 2009

<prstanley at ntlworld.com> writes:

> Rather than us giving you our account details, why don't you send us your credit card details so that each of us who helps you can take his remuneration directly, in otherwords, put your money where your mouth is, mate. ( grin )

Don't be an ass "mate".

> ---- Raju Grover <rajurenjitgrover at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > To be precise, I wish to have a math function $\ele$.
> > The details of $\ele$ is that, it should draw a small elipse instead of a small circle as in $\circ$.

I'm not aware of ellipse symbols that match \circ in appearance, but the
best place to look is in the comprehensive symbol list at

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/

If you are still stuck after looking through that, you might resort to
the graphics package and \scalebox to stretch a \circ character into
an elliptical shape.

> > Also is it possible to add this operator ^^ instead of \overset in latex and simlarly __ instead of \underset.

I don't know what operator "^^" might refer to.  Does it indicate a
zig-zag line over an object?  Similarly "__": isn't that just \underline?
(A straight \overline is also available.)

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca