[texhax] Fwd: Ubuntu Linux

Mark Hale historical.linguist at gmail.com
Mon May 25 02:02:05 CEST 2009

I've used texlive's only installer on my Ubuntu systems for
some time now, precisely because they (Ubuntu folk) don't seem
interested in keeping up to date. Kind of strange for a distro so
dedicated to internationalization.

Just make symlinks (the installer gives you that option) to
someplace in your path, and you're home free...

Does anyone know *why* the Ubuntu distros are so far behind
in this critical area?

Mark