[texhax] about typing a book

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu May 21 16:25:45 CEST 2009

On  21 May, 2009, at 00:40, Abdulmuhsen H. Ali wrote:

> Dear Sir, Please help me type a book in LateX. I need a reliable
> preamble and a step by step instructions on how to write the correct
> format for typing a book in LateX. I do have MikteX 2.7. Thank you
> in advance.

I don't think you'll find someone with the time to guide you step by
step (unless, of course, you hire a consultant). It seems to me that
you should better accept the fact that you will have to read some
documents and books.

If you're new to LaTeX, I would start with

I haven't used it, but maybe the memoir class will be good for you
(certainly its manual will):

You should already have the above documents in your MiKTeX distribution.

As for books, I would recommend

Helmut Kopka & Patrick W. Daly: Guide to LaTeX, 4th ed.

Frank Mittelbach et al.: The LaTeX Companion, 2nd ed.