[texhax] Use fancyhdr to obtain different page layouts for different chapter of my thesis.

hongyi.zhao at gmail.com hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:01:13 CEST 2009

On Monday, May 11, 2009 at 18:04, Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de wrote:
>> How to use fancyhdr to obtain different page layouts for different
>> chapter of my thesis.

> That depends on what kind of page layouts you wish to obtain. If you
> describe more in detail what you want to achieve, I am sure someone will
> find a solution.

> The commands for fancyhdr can be easily repeated each chapter, if that's
> necessary.

>         Susan

Thanks  a  lot,  I've  got it with the help of Dr. Piet, the author of
fancyhdr:

---------------------------------------
On Sunday, May 10, 2009 at 6:13, piet at cs.uu.nl wrote:

>>HZ> Dear Dr. Piet,
>>HZ> How to use your fancyhdr package to obtain different page layouts for different chapter of my thesis?  In my case, the template of the thesis is a enhanced version based on the standard LaTeX book class.

> Hello Hongsheng Zhao,

> Can you tell me what exactly you mean with different page layouts? Is
> this just different kinds of headers and footers or also other
> aspects, like page size?

> If you just want to have different headers and/or footers in a
> different chapter, you can do something like this:

Currently, I just want to have different headers and/or footers in a
different chapter.  Thanks a lot for your help.  I've got it.

> \chapter{xxxx}
> \lhead{xxx} etc change the fancyhdr layout

> You can also give names to page styles like this:

> \newpagestyle{chappagestyle}{
>         \lhead{xxx}
>         \rhead{yyy}
>         etc
> }

> \chapter{xxxx}
> \pagestyle{chappagestyle}

> Hope this helps.

> With kind regards,

Warmly regards,
--
Hongsheng Zhao <zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry

--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry
Chinese Academy of Sciences
GnuPG DSA: 0xD108493
2009-5-11