[texhax] tex live 2008 update freeze for 2009 work

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 7 02:32:11 CEST 2009

For any package maintainers: if you have pending updates to get out to
TeX Live 2008 users, please submit the changes to CTAN within another
week or so.

Soon we will stop TL 2008 updates, in preparation for TL 2009.  For
various reasons it is not practical to do keep doing 08 updates all the
way until 09 is ready.  Take my word for it, please :).

Unfortunately this means there will be a hiatus in package updates
flowing from CTAN to TL to users, possibly a couple months in duration
(if we're lucky), going from past experience.

So I thought I'd send out this note in case there were authors close to
making notable updates, to avoid unwelcome surprises.

Karl