[texhax] using larger units to determine breaks?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed May 6 16:48:49 CEST 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 8:34 AM, Toby Cubitt wrote:

> Or maybe optimal pagination is undecidable :-)

Aye, there lays the rub! A lot of this is subjective and any algorithm
would need the ability to control things like:

  - place only one image on the first page (or no images)
  - do not trap white space when placing multiple figures on a page
  - create / do _not_ create asymmetrical pages / arrangements (toggle
for this)
  - &c.

All of which I'm struggling w/ for almost a dozen new titles we're
doing.

William

--
William Adams