[texhax] fontspec.pdf at CTAN does not contain code!!

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon May 4 09:04:11 CEST 2009

On  3 May, 2009, at 23:41, narayana sarma wrote:

> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Axel E. Retif <axel.retif at mac.com>
> wrote:
>> On  3 May, 2009, at 07:53, narayana sarma wrote:
>>
>>> Dear sir,
>>>
>>> The file fontspec.pdf (manual by Robertson 2008/08/09 v1.18 does not
>>> show the required code- the actual instruction to input- to typeset
>>> the examples.
>>
>> Sorry, but what do you mean by it ``does not show the required
>> code''? Every
>> example has its code side by side!
>>
>> Maybe it's something else you want?
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for not being clearer..Just see these few lines from
> fontspec-pdf as an example:
>
> "....... Before fontspec, it was still necessary to write cumbersome
> font definition files
> for L TEX, since the NFSS had a lot more going on behind the scenes to
> allow easy commands like           or             . ..."
>
> See the gaps?

You have a corrupted PDF (see below the same paragraph from my PDF).
What platform (OS) do you use? What application do you use to view the
PDF? When was the last time you upgraded your TeX distribution?

Best,

Axel
---------
 From my fontspec.pdf:

Before fontspec, it was still necessary to write cumbersome font
definition files
for LATEX, since the NFSS had a lot more going on behind the scenes to
allow easy
commands like \emph or \bfseries.