[texhax] March 2009 TUG news: conferences, memberships, logo competition, interviews

tug-news at tug.org tug-news at tug.org
Thu Mar 19 23:33:09 CET 2009

Dear TeX users,

The upcoming 2009 TeX conferences:

- BachoTeX 2009 will be held in Bachotek, Poland, from
  April 29-May 3, 2009.

- TUG 2009 will be held at the University of Notre Dame
  in Notre Dame, Indiana, USA, from July 28-31, 2009.
    Deadline for abstracts: April 13.
    Early bird registration deadline: April 27.

- EuroTeX 2009 will be held in The Hague, The Netherlands,
  from August 31-September 4, 2009.
    Deadline for abstracts: April 30.

Other TUG news:

- The deadline for the early bird discount on TUG membership is
  March 31.  Please join or renew if you haven't already:

- We've opened a design competition for a new TUG logo,
  open to anyone. Deadline is April 30.  Details at:

- Recent subjects in the Interview Corner: Sebastian Rahtz,
  Arthur Reutenauer, David MacKay, Yannis Haralambous, Jonathan Fine,
  Boguslaw Jackowski & Janusz Marian Nowacki, and Pierre MacKay.  We
  continue to work on the production of a book of the interviews.

As always, we appreciate your support,
Karl Berry (President) on behalf of the TUG Board