[texhax] Punctuation around inline diagrams

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Wed Mar 18 02:38:04 CET 2009

Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk> writes:

> The code for the image include is;
> % Graphics include for inline objects
> \newcommand{\pdobj}[1]{%
> \raisebox{-1pt}{\enspace\includegraphics[angle=0, scale=0.6]%
> {./images/objects/#1.ps}}}

That definition looks fine, with no spurious spaces or breakpoints

> Finally we'll use differentiation with \pdobj{object-sd-fexpr}
> and \pdobj{object-sd-clip} to get changes that are positive.
> Modulating the sine wave by the output of \pdobj{object-sd-tm}

This example doesn't demonstrate how you type it when punctuation
is involved, so I will have to guess that you use
"test \pdobj{object-sd-clip} , text" or "test \pdobj{object-sd-clip}
, text" (with a line-break rather than a space).  Of course the
space before the comma allows the line break in the typeset
output.  Replace that space with "~", or omit it altogether.

> > > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur....so using this method the {object},

This example has no space, and the definition has no break point,
so there is some other factor involved.  Did you "simplify" the

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca