[texhax] font size and line space

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Jun 17 09:39:03 CEST 2009

On  16 Jun, 2009, at 09:13, arvind mer wrote:

> Hi
>
> Its my first time with Latex, and everything is great about Latex.
>
> I am writing my thesis using a thesis template.
>
> But I have problem in two issues
>

> First how to increase font of the thesis text and line spacing  ?????
See the lshort.pdf in

http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/

Probably you already have it in your distribution. Also, some of the
best tutorials you can find are from India's TeX User Group:

http://www.tug.org.in/tutorials.html

> The other is I would like to use nice fonts like Times New Roman for
> my thesis.

I like the txfonts, but others use mathptmx; so,

\usepackage{mathptmx}   or   \usepackage{txfonts}

You'll see that in lshort.pdf.

Best,

Axel