[texhax] Hooked-e

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Sun Jul 19 06:11:00 CEST 2009

>  > I tried it at
>  >
>  > Detexify2 - LaTeX symbol classifier
>  > http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html
>  >
>  > but it mostly gave me thetas or other symbols.
> Yes, this is what I expect.  It is supposed to support math symbols
> only, not glyphs from arbitrary languages.
> It certainly doesn't make sense to support anything but math symbols.
> Or do you think it should support Chinese too?

Well, I can see that it might be technically difficult, but otherwise
the ability to recognize all symbols would be more powerful.  I just
thought of it as a symbol.  The page doesn't say that certain symbols
are not listed.  Also, the classifier page listed above points to

which does give alphabetic-like symbols, see page 13 where there are
hookb, hookd, hookg, hookh and a few others.

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  schneidt at mail.nih.gov
  toms at alum.mit.edu (permanent)