[texhax] Examples of books written using LaTeX/TeX and related tools

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Jul 3 23:45:32 CEST 2009

On  3 Jul, 2009, at 12:19, Niall Mansfield wrote:

> Folks occasionally ask about what sort of books can be produced using
> (La)TeX.  We've recently published a couple of books using only LaTeX
> and other free tools.  The first one is unusual because it's in full-
> colour and
> contains hundreds of photographs and other illustrations.
>
> 1. "Sustainable Energy - without the hot air" is full colour
>  throughout.  It was produced in LaTeX, and most of the diagrams
>  were done in MetaPost.

[...]

> some of the MetaPost diagrams are at:
>       http://uit.co.uk/files-a/sample-metapost-diagrams.pdf

Congratulations! I think it would be nice to have some of your
MetaPost graphics in the TeX Showcase:

http://www.tug.org/texshowcase/

Also, UIT could appear in Tom Schneider's list of publishers that use
TeX and/or LaTeX:

http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html#tex-latex_publishers

Best,

Axel