[texhax] .eps files in LaTex

Sam Albers tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:04:52 CET 2009

Hello list,

I can't seem to figure out how to include .eps file in a LaTex document. I
realize that this is a FAQ but I just can't seem to get it working. I am
running Ubuntu 8.10 and am making a conference poster using beamerposter
(which totally rules BTW)

Here is my preamble:

 \documentclass[final,hyperref={pdfpagelabels=false}]{beamer}

\mode<presentation>

{

% \usetheme{Berlin}

\usetheme{Dreuw}

}

\usepackage{times}

\usepackage{amsmath,amsthm, amssymb, latexsym}

\boldmath

\usepackage{tikz}

\usetikzlibrary{shapes,arrows}

%\usepackage{epstopdf}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\usepackage{natbib}

\usepackage[english]{babel}

\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

\usepackage[orientation=landscape,size=a0,scale=1.4,debug]{beamerposter}

Now here is the portion of my document where I am trying to use the .eps
file:

\begin{column}{.08\paperwidth}

\vskip10cm

\begin{center}

\includegraphics[scale=2.3]{logo_green.eps}

\end{center}

\vskip1ex

\end{column}

Now I receive the following error in the log when I try to run LaTex on the
file. Any ideas?

! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .eps

Sorry if this is super simple. I just can't seem to figure this out. Thanks
in advance.

Sam

Sam Albers
Geography Program