[texhax] Plain TeX: how to have hyperlinks and mpost pictures in pdf format?

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 21:37:19 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 12:44:07PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> I need cross-reference hyperlinks, that eplain produces with the commands
> \definexref and \refn.  Only, I need also cross-file xrefs

The cross-reference commands of Eplain currently don't support
cross-file references, so the only way to achieve this is with the
explicit cross-references (\hlstart), which is inconvenient.

Of course, you can define your own \refn macro.  You could use
consistent naming for the labels, say, they would all start with
"\jobname:".  \refn could then examine the label and if the prefix
does not start with "\jobname:", it would generate a cross-file link,
otherwise it would call Eplain's \refn.

HTH,
Oleg