[texhax] LaTeX3 Status Update

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at latex-project.org
Fri Feb 13 21:38:27 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:30:23 +0100, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> On  13 Feb, 2009, at 04:38, Morten Høgholm wrote:
>
>> Catch the first issue on the LaTeX3 news page:
>> <http://www.latex-project.org/l3news/>
>
> Ah, these are good news! For what I see the first packages to use
> expl3 code are the ones you and Will Robertson maintain (good news for
> XeTeX users then); and to those packages we have to add xfrac, which
> already depends on expl3, right?

That is correct.

> We will be notified when those new versions are uploaded to TeX Live
> repositories, right? For example, I use mathtools and xfrac;
> therefore, I would like to know when the new versions reach TL, in
> order to check that there are no reflows in my documents.

When I upload packages to ctan, there is always an announcement on
comp.text.tex. Will and I will of course ensure that whatever we put on
CTAN of our own package remains in sync with what we in the project team
has released as expl3 and xpackages.

> Thank you again.

You are very welcome. The next release of expl3 should see some major
improvements, some of which have been outlined at
<http://www.texdev.net/2009/02/13/latex3-argument-specifiers-improvements/>.

Best,
--
Morten