[texhax] using lineno.sty with latex

Joao.Santos at ny.frb.org Joao.Santos at ny.frb.org
Wed Feb 4 18:10:32 CET 2009

That is not the problem (that was a typo in my email) I am indeed using
the command

João A. C. Santos
Assistant Vice President
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
33 Liberty St
New York, NY 10045

Tel:  (212) 720-5583  Fax:  (212) 720-8363
E mail: joao.santos at ny.frb.org
SSRN: http://ssrn.com/author=103125

William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com>
02/04/2009 11:55 AM

TeXhax <texhax at tug.org>
Joao.Santos at ny.frb.org
Re: [texhax] using lineno.sty with latex

On Feb 4, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Joao.Santos at ny.frb.org wrote:

> I am trying to use lineno.sty with latex.
> First, I went to CTAN, followed the instructions and downloaded the
> following files to my computer
>   lineno.sty, edtable.sty, ednmath0.sty, ltabptch.sty and
> longtable.sty
> Second, in a latex document I am trying to add line, I added at the to
> \usepage{lineno}

Try \usepackage{lineno}

> When I try to compile the document, I keep getting the following error
> (c:/Program Files/PCTeX/PCTeXv6/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/
> amssymb.sty)
> (c:/Program Files/PCTeX/PCTeXv6/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/
> epsfig.sty)
> (./lineno.sty
> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
> Any suggestion to fix this problem or for using lineno.sty correctly
> with latex?

Do something like this:

Testing 1, 2, 3

William Adams