[texhax] interactive tex

Michael Doob mdoob at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Wed Dec 23 16:55:19 CET 2009

I recently built a web page for interactive tex: html input of
type=text is used to enter the TeX source and a page is generated with
the corresponding TeX output.

In my case I am working in a LAMP environment (P=php), so there
were a number of options available: I used dvipng to generate
the TeX output to be displayed. I wasn't totally happy with
my results, so I'm asking the following question: what's your
favourite way to implement this type of interactive TeX? I guess
there are actually two slightly different answers: one for trusted
users and one where the input has to be scrubbed (with something
like the php escapeshellcommand function).

Cheers,
Michael

Michael Doob                    Telephone: (204) 474-9796
Department of Mathematics       Fax: (204) 474-7606
University of Manitoba          email: Michael_Doob at umanitoba.ca
Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N2