[texhax] Large Project

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Wed Dec 23 10:43:22 CET 2009

Divide your project into several smaller files. Suppose you have
main.tex with all your macro definitions (your preamble if you're in
LaTeX), then you can dispatch parts of your document in partA.tex,
partB.tex, partC.tex... And then in main.tex you \input them:

\input partA.tex
\input partB.tex
\input partC.tex

The interesting thing is that when you're working on, say, part C, you
don't need to input the previous parts, so:

%\input partA.tex
%\input partB.tex
\input partC.tex

Page numbering and cross-references will go wrong but if you're only
interested in not doing syntax errors at this stage of the process, you
don't mind.

Paul