[texhax] Large Project

Patrick M. Rutkowski rutski89 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 04:16:42 CET 2009

My project has gotten large enough that when I run "!tex" in my bash
shell it takes quite a while before I'm looking at the resulting PDF.
This gets rather annoying, since I'm new enough to TeX that I really
do have to be constantly looking at the output of every line as I type
it, line by line (for fear of accruing too many syntax mistakes).

How the heck do people go about writing 20+ page projects in TeX?

Another issue is that I'm using epsf.tex from CTAN to include
postscript figures in my document, and that really slows things down
even more.

Any advice?
-Patrick