[texhax] Smilies in TeX

Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) rjf2 at CDC.GOV
Mon Dec 14 17:53:31 CET 2009

> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:43:00 +0000
> From: Philip TAYLOR

> Typesetting my annual Christmas letter, there are one or
> two places where I would like to insert a smiley [the
> graphical version, as displayed by (say) Seamonkey, not
> just ":-)"].  I can find nothing in the UK TeX FAQ, and
> TeX Live 2009 doesn't seem to have a "Smilies" font, so
> I wonder whether others have accomplished this, and if
> so, how ?  A Plain TeX solution would be preferred.
>
> Philip Taylor

that would be the Comprehensive Symbol List

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4.pd

which has more dingbats that you could ever imagine!

Ron Fehd  the {SAS} macro maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov