[texhax] biblatex package and Bibliography problems

Torsten Wagner torsten.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 02:02:43 CET 2009

Hi Henrik

> After the full stop, clearly 'trans.' should be capitalized. I have no idea
> how to resolve this or what I did to produce it. *Any* hints or suggestions
> would be most welcome!

First thing I would always try if something like this happens is to delete ALL
temporary files. Sometimes for some reasons things went wrong and LaTeX will
not update this files if there is no need e.g., no change of the source-files.
For a standard document only the .tex and .bib file are important. Make  sure
you keep the figures if you store them in the same directory and if you use an
own stylefile for bibtex you have to save this as well (.bst).
Some TeX-editors can delete all temp-files for you. I do not know what kind of
editor you use.

If this doesn't work you can check whether you still use the same bibtex style
file. Within this file it the formating is defined. Maybe you can try to copy the
bst file from your old machine to the other computer and make a diff.
You could also try to copy the bst-file from your old machine to your new
computer within the folder of the tex file rename it into something else and
call explicit this stylefile by
\bibliographystyle{mybibstyle} within the tex-file.

In addtion it is also worth to check the message output of latex and bibtex.
Often warinings can be ignored but maybe in that case they give you some idea
what is going wrong. If your editor does not allow to read the output of latex
and bibtex try to call them from the command line.

Hope that helps a bit

Regards,

Torsten