[texhax] Printing address on envelope

Robert Wilson millstadtf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 03:03:39 CET 2009

Request for clarification: is this something you would do one time, with one
envelope? Or are you looking for a procedure for bulk mailing (that is,
you'll be sending many envelopes, each having a different address)? In
either case, I'm not convinced LaTeX is the appropriate solution. It might
be easier/more efficient to use an awk or perl script to generate the ps
files to be printed on the envelope, but of course LaTeX will also do the
job. The only thing to do is choose your paper size appropriately (based on
the envelope size) and place the address correctly on the page. Other people
certainly have more experience with the latter task than do I.

Cheers,
Bob Wilson