[texhax] Suppressing intermediary output

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 20:54:55 CEST 2009

First of all, all multiple "aux"-like files are used by LaTeX and
packages in subsequent runs, aux saves information about labels and
equations, theorems, sections actual numbers (and more), .toc is
needed to create table of contents,... Automatically removing such
files definitely does look not right, especially if using \include and
\includeonly mechanism while working on really large document  (say
book).

log files are not used by TeX but they contain different warnings like
multiple defined or undefined labels; LaTeX does not stop on such
failures. So when document is finished, it is a good idea to look into
log file searching for Warning
So, automatic removal of log files does not look right either

Sure, those who keep all tex files in one single directory, these
files contribute to bloody mess but creating separate directory (and
even nested subdirectories if using \include) keeps things under
control

Victor