[texhax] Suppressing intermediary output

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 19:59:34 CEST 2009

On 2009-08-31 16:11 +0100, Pierre MacKay wrote:
> It's not hardwired into LaTeX. it's hardwired into the basic TeX
> engine on which LaTeX is based., and a TeX engine without a log file
> could not be called TeX.

I know it is hardwired somewhere ;)

> I don't know which operating system you are using, but if it is
> Microslush, you could add log files to a CClean list and use that
> occasionally. For myself, I have often been very glad of the existence
> of log files, even though I ignore them most of the time.

It does not bother me most of the time. The only scenario that I come
across is when I use tikz to produce graphics in .pdf graphs. It will be
very nice to produce the .pdf graph without any intermediary files.

BTW, do you know if .blg file by BibTeX is hardwired or not? Any idea
how to stop it?

> Pierre MacKay

Best,

Leo

--
Emacs uptime: 14 days, 3 hours, 39 minutes, 16 seconds