[texhax] Suppressing intermediary output

Pierre MacKay pierre.mackay at comcast.net
Mon Aug 31 17:11:50 CEST 2009

On 08/31/2009 07:42 AM, Leo wrote:
> On 2009-08-31 02:25 +0100, Stephen McKeague wrote:
>
>> I know the command \nofiles prevents aux files from being generated,
>> but can not find anything to prevent the log file from being
>> generated.
>>
> I'd love to know too but it seems producing .log file is hardwired in
> LaTeX.
>
> Leo

It's not hardwired into LaTeX. it's hardwired into the basic TeX engine
on which LaTeX is based., and a TeX engine without a log file could not
be called TeX.  I don't know which operating system you are using, but
if it is Microslush, you could add log files to a CClean list and use
that occasionally.  For myself, I have often been very glad of the
existence of log files, even though I ignore them most of the time.

Pierre MacKay