[texhax] Bibtex entry, author name ordering (Chinese)

Jakob Leimgruber jakob.leimgruber at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:43:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm using \bibliographystyle{linquiry2} and have one bibtex entry
that's causing me problems:

@InCollection{AH1998,
	author="Alsagoff, Lubna and Ho, Chee Lick",
	title="{The grammar of {S}ingapore {E}nglish}",
	booktitle="{English in New Cultural Contexts:\ Reflections from
Singapore}",
	editor="Foley, Joseph A. and Kandiah, Thiru and Bao Zhiming and
Gupta, Anthea Fraser and Alsagoff, Lubna and Ho Chee Lick and Wee,
Lionel and Talib, Ismail L. and Bokhorst-Heng, Wendy",
	address="Singapore",
	publisher="Oxford University Press",
	pages="127--151",
	year=1998}

What I would like is for the \cite{AH1998} command to output "Alsagoff
and Ho (1998)", and for the reference list to output "Alsagoff, Lubna,
and Ho Chee Lick. 1998. The grammar of\ldots". Obviously, "Ho" is the
surname and "Chee Lick" the given name. However I don't seem to be
able to do this: I've tried several combinations but it seems
impossible to have two sorts of surname/given name arrangements in the
author field. Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong?

Notice that in the "editor" field, I get the result I want by spelling
out "Bao Zhiming" and "Ho Chee Lick", omitting the comma.

Thanks in advance.

Jakob

--
Jakob Leimgruber