[texhax] Integrating Lilypond in LaTeX documents

John Smith johnjamessmith0 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 25 04:54:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm new here, and relatively new to LaTeX as well. I am using MikTeX and TeXnic Center.

How does one integrate Lilypond (music notation program) into LaTeX documents? It appears that there is something called 'lilypond-latex', mentioned at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.3/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Invoking-lilypond_002dlatex.html, and something else (?) at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/Integrating-Texinfo-and-music#Integrating-Texinfo-and-music. It looks very nice, to be able to just have a lilypond environment. Unfortunately these pages totally confuse me... How do I get started? How can I get TeXnic Center to recognize Lilypond?

I'm expecting the process to be something like using Asymptote (vector graphics language) in LaTeX, as described in http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Wiki/index.php/Asymptote:_Advanced_Configuration#Using_Asymptote_in_LaTeX (full instructions so convenient for computer-illiterate like me)... it'd be nice if it's possible to get it to work the same way.

Thanks in advance,
John