[texhax] TeX-compatible font containing yogh?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:07:53 CEST 2009

I'm typesetting something in Latin Modern, but just this morning discovered
that the LM family contains no yogh (nor even an ezh, which would do at a
pinch -- odd that it's missing both, because otherwise it seems remarkably
complete).

Can anyone here recommend a family that might reasonably be expected to be
available in plain TeX-compatible format, which would be reasonably
compatible with surrounding Latin Modern text, and which contains a yogh
(or, if not, an ezh)?

I'm running Kubuntu 8.10 and the basic TeX system is TeXLive; I have
installed essentially all the optional Kubuntu TeX-compatible fonts. So I'm
hoping that someone might be able to tell me that one of them has a yogh.

  Doc

PS Obviously, if I have to I can build a yogh in metafont -- I recall doing
that many years ago, but I'm hoping that I don't need to do it again all
these years later with a modern system.

PPS Sorry if this is a bit OT. I couldn't think of where else to post this
question. If you have a suggestion for a better place, please tell me.

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR