[texhax] figures point by point

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Wed Apr 15 22:30:41 CEST 2009

Mohamed HOUSSNI <mohamed.houssni at e-press.co.ma> writes:

> I am a LaTeX user then when I compile my file and displaying the dvi some
> figures take many resources and much memory for display and I would like to
> know if there is a technical and automatical way to detect theme before ?

It isn't really what you are asking for (I'm not sure what you are really
asking for) but there is

(or "graphics" or whichever package declaration you use for
graphic inclusing... ass "draft" to the options)

That will omit all the images, placing a box in their place.

Other possibilities are to produce ps or pdf files and
view them.

Maybe your particular dvi viewer has a setting to cache
the images, but you will have to check its documentation,

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca