[texhax] MikTeX and web2c

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Apr 2 20:14:55 CEST 2009

On 1 April 2009 Ulrike Fischer wrote:

 > Am Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:02:02 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
 >
 > >  > Miktex provides an application _called_ kpsewhich, but it is an
 > >  > alias of findtexmf:
 > >  >
 > >  > I:>kpsewhich -version
 > >  > MiKTeX Finder 2.7.2824 (MiKTeX 2.7)
 > >  >
 > >  > I:>findtexmf -version
 > >  > MiKTeX Finder 2.7.2824 (MiKTeX 2.7)
 > >
 > > Hi Ulrike,
 > > many thanks.  I assume that if it can be invoked as "kpsewhich", it's
 > > actually the same thing.
 >
 > No it is not. E.g. it doesn't use ls-R files and texmf.cnf. The
 > kpsewich is really only there so that people that read somewhere
 > about it get some similar results in miktex.

I suppose that if LuaTeX's kpse primitives should work on MikTeX as on
other systems, then Christian has mo make sure that his library does
exactly the same as Karl's, one way or another.

 > > Another question:  Does MikTeX's updmap
 > > supports the --enable option now?
 >
 > No. Maps have to be added manually to updmap.cfg (which you get by
 > initemxf --edit-config-file updmap).

Good to know too.  At the moment I'm revising the VnTeX
documentation.  Seems that I don't have to change this section.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25