[texhax] BurningTeXLive 2008 on DVD

g_thaler at fastmail.fm g_thaler at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 23 11:14:16 CEST 2008

Dear Support Group,

First of all let me thank you for all the time and work you are
investing in the TeXLive project. TeXLive has become for me a very
interesting and stable (La)TeX distribution not only for Linux but also
for Win32 systems.

But I think I have encountered a tiny bug in the description of
obtaining the TeXLive iso file.

At http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire.html you write:

" ...
The image is compressed with lzma. The results are much superior to zip
(or bzip2 or gzip), and for the file this size, it's worth it. If
needed, get the sources for lzma utilities and/or the lzma binaries,
including Windows, that we've compiled for TeX Live. From a command
prompt, run lzmadec <texlive2008.iso.lzma >texlive2008.iso to decompress
it.
..."

Well, I'm not very experienced as Unix or Windows User, I just wanted to
download and burn the ISO file on DVD on my Windows Vista PC. So I
followed your instructions, but it did'nt work. There is no command
lzmadec.

- Perhaps you mean the program lzmadec.win32.exe. OK, at I have found So
I have downloaded the file lzmadec.win32.exe and executed the command
lzmadec.win32 texlive2008-20080822.iso.lzma texlive2008-20080822.iso and
waited. But nothing happened. So I guess your description is incorrect
once more.

Please can you help me to do the right things in olrder to burn a
TeXLive DVD?

Thanks in andvance Günter Thaler

  g_thaler at fastmail.fm